THIS MONTH WE HIGHLIGHT ONE OF OUR MOST CONSISTENT 9AM MEMBERS, Luis Cabrera. Luis has BEEN A MEMBER SINCE January 2017 AND HAS MADE TONS OF PROGRESS OVER a year and a half.
"When I first started I was a little overwhelmed by the type of work out that I almost thought about giving up, but now I’m so glad I pushed myself. "
1. Why Crossfit? And how did you find Crossfit Providence?
CrossFit because I tried others ways to work out, but nothing was really working. Then my older brother started doing it and was seeing really good results, and that motivated me to give CrossFit a shot. plus is a lot more fun and a lot more educational about fitness compared to conventional gyms. CrossFit Providence because I used to drive by it all the time, and because it had very good reviews online, I think I made the perfect choice coming here.
2. When did you start on this journey of fitness at Crossfit Providence?
I started my CrossFit journey in January 2017.
3. What is it that's kept you coming in so consistently? Why do you it?
What keeps me coming in so consistently is the desire for a healthier life style, the desire to feel better not just physically but mentally, plus the support from the coaches and other members is the fuel that feeds that desire.
4. What do you do for work? And what do you like to do when you're not at the gym or working?
I am a truck driver, I am also an instructor at a truck driving school. When I’m not at the gym or working I watch all kinds of sports, soccer being my favorite. Also, on the weekends I get together with friends to watch Real Madrid games at our Real Madrid supporters group.
5. In spite of working a job that demands a lot of sitting, you've made such great progress over the past year. If you can go back in time, to when you started at Crossfit Providence, and give your 'past-self' advice - What would it be?
If I were to give my past-self advice to when I started at CrossFit Providence, it would be to not be afraid. When I first started I was a little overwhelmed by the type of work out that I almost thought about giving up, but now I’m so glad I pushed myself.
keep up the great work, Luis. It's been amazing watching you progress and moving really well.